Do you ever wonder how is your baby doing when you are out of the house? If yes then you VTech VM901 is new one of the best baby monitors which not only works through radio signal, but also can work remotely through wifi when you are not at home.
I personally prefer to use baby monitor without an internet connection at home through a hand-held monitor and without cell phone which this one is perfect for this job. And when I am out from home and I don’t need to worry what little one is up to and I can open the app and check on her.
Vtech VM901 Review
The box contains camera, monitor, battery for monitor, 2 power adapters (one for the camera and another one for the monitor), wall mounting kit for the camera, installation and quick start guide.
Baby monitor comes with 120-degree wide view full HD 1080p tilt and pan view camera. The quality is crisp and clear and almost 0 delays through 5-inch baby monitor.
Below image quality from the video monitor and from the app itself.
The switch between day and night vision mode is very smooth and the quality of night video is amazing. And below you can see the night video quality
Two-way communication is great and clear. You can change the volume of the speaker and talk back to your baby or baby sitter.
I tried MyVTech Baby 1080p app for iOS and works great, the same video and audio quality as you get with the monitor. With the app also you will get ability to record videos and push notifications if motion detected or baby starts crying.
- Motion detection – you can choose between 3 different sensitivity settings.
- Cry detection – you have 5 different sensitivity settings and you can set up to activate sound or/and also light up the display.
- Lullabies – you can choose between different lullabies to play through a camera which can be handy.
- Video recording – is a great way to save memories of your little one.
Pros and Cons
- Works great through monitor and through WiFi
- Lullabies option
- Great day and night video quality
- Camera can tilt and pan remotely
- Motion detection
- No real cons
Overall I happy with the versatile VTech VM901 baby monitor which combines both solutions to work with the simple, but mighty monitor or just through the smartphone app.