I have interesting on of the best wireless home security camera Remocam for review today here. The company outreached to me to do a review of the camera, and I was happy to find out because it’s actually local startup in California and co-founders was previous in IT like I was.
They also developing Remobell -- smart wireless video doorbell and I think they will develop other products for the smart home.
How Does it Work?
- HD Video -- Watch clear 720p HD video.
- Motion Sensor -You can receive a push notification and view recorded videos right away on your cell phone.
- Live Monitoring -- Monitor your home while you away. You can talk to your pet when he alone at home.
- Night Vision -- Camera comes with eight infrared LED sensors which provide excellent night vision.
- Picture Snapping -- Save the image of your camera view.
- Multiple Users -- You will able to setup multiple users and devices to get access to the camera
- Cloud Recording -- You can record videos and upload straight to the cloud and watch on any device anytime.
- Local Recording -- Instead of cloud storage you can use microSD card and save your video on it.
- 2 Way Communication -- You can communicate with your pet or with intruders.
- Siren Alarm -- Intruders in your house? Turn on the siren alarm to scare of them.
- Pan & Tilt -- You can remotely control camera viewing angle. (Pan 335* / Til 95*)
- Remote Control -- Ability to control remotely any infrared devices
- Mounting -- You can mount the camera on the wall. You just need to buy optional accessory
- HD Video Camera: 720p
- Digital Zoom: 3x
- Night Vision: 8 infrared LED
- Sensors: Motion detector sensor
- Smartphones Compatibility: iOS 7.1 or above, Android 4 or above
- Size: 4.1 x 4.2 x 5.4 inches
- Weight: 0.75 lb
- Colors: Black
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Power: Regular power outlet
- Wi-Fi: Wireless router with 2.5Ghz or 5Ghz
- Mobile Device: Android or iOS device
You can check the unboxing video below:
Installation is super easy and straight forward.
- Just put the camera at the convenient location.
- Plug in power AC adapter.
- Install app on your phone.
- Setup wireless connection for your Remocam through the phone
- Enjoy your personal wireless security camera.
Through the app you can setup motion sensor, enable to save the video to the cloud or SD card and setup push notifications to your mobile device. You can also specify in which area to detect motion and setup sensitivity of the sensor.
If you are using the internet through mobile data, then you can change the quality of the video to don’t spend too much $.
The app provides convenient space where you can check all your recorded cloud videos.
And of course, you can setup multiple cameras to get access through the app. You can cover every single bedroom and outside area for your safety.
One of interesting feature that you can connect Remocam App to any infrared-controlled devices like TV, AC and so on. Basically remote control of your smart home in one app.
Also Remocam is the only camera that uses infrared technology in order to control devices that come with infrared remote.
The video camera provides HD video quality, and it is perfect to monitor big room. Just take a look at the picture below.
The night video is pretty damn good as well. Can’t describe with words so here is the picture below for you to judge. Note: Picture was taken in the completely dark room.
I still was experiencing small delay like usual, just around 1-2 seconds. But it’s really common in wireless cameras because they need to contact to the internet server and then transmit video to your device.
Competitions and Alternatives
There are a lot of competitions on the market right now like the top selling Nest cam, Arlo smart home system or even Armcrest Pro HD. I like all of them, most of them has the similar pros and cons, and I will do the in-depth review of all of them together to compare side by side, but for now Remocam will be my personal home security camera.
Pros & Cons
- Motion sensor is excellent compare to other cameras!
- Remote control for IR devices.
- Great night vision and video quality.
- 2-way audio helps you to communicate with your pet while you are away.
- Inruder alert, alarm siren and emergency call.
- Video and Audio delay, but it’s really common in wireless cameras.
- I wish it comes with a mounting plate to mount the camera on the wall. But it’s saving cost to deliver great wireless camera.
I personally I loved the Remocam despite common cons which aren’t really cons for this particular product. Overall I really like it, and I hope I helped you with your choice to get Remocam for your safety, home surveillance or just for communication with your pet while you are away from home.
If you have any questions regarding Remocam, please ask me in comments and I will be happy to answer them.