A smart thermostat is a device that can adjust the temperature of the room according to the desired level. It usually controls the heating or the cooling system as per the set temperature. A thermostat normally consists of sensors like bimetallic strip or even a thermistor. Since the technology has grown leaps and bounds, there has been a development of thermostats that can be programmed with the help of a Wi-Fi.
Honeywell is one such brand that has developed Wi-Fi enabled thermostats. It is an MNC that is based in the USA has a workforce of 1, 30,000 people across the world. Honeywell is amongst the fortune 500 companies. Apart from thermostats, Honeywell also produces humidifiers, air cleaners, security alarm systems, sensors of the thermostats, etc.
Of all these products the Honeywell is known for making best quality thermostats. You will surely acknowledge the same in the Honeywell RTH6580WF Review. Thus, let us look at the different aspects of Honeywell Thermostat.
- The Honeywell thermostat stands out from rest of the thermostats as it can be accessed from anywhere. All you have to do is connect to the Wi-Fi from your office or a restaurant, and you can control your home temperature via a smartphone or a computer.
- Also, the thermostat has proper backlit digital display screen as well as controls that are very easy to operate.
- You can program the Honeywell model RTH6580WF thermostat for seven days with four different temperatures for morning, evening, afternoon and night according to your preference. Thus, you will not have to worry about frequent programming.
- Another best thing about Honeywell thermostat is that it can be used with multiple heating and cooling systems or a single system. Usually, one thermostat is enough for a home.
- Energy saving – The Honeywell model of RTH6580WF is best known as an aid for saving energy. The thermostat is designed in such a way that you need not compromise on your comfort level to reduce energy consumption. It adjusts itself to save energy when no one is there at home and automatically adjusts to the set temperature when even one member of the family arrives at home. Thus, you need not worry about remembering to switch off the air conditioner or the heating system.
- Increases the life of equipment – The Honeywell thermostat is well-designed in such a way that it contributes to increasing the life of heating and cooling system. It prevents wearing and tearing of electrical equipment and thus saves money on repairing. It also prevents a breakdown of equipment, and this leads increasing their shelf-life.
- Contribution to the environment – The thermostats manufactured by Honeywell are environment-friendly. This Wi-Fi programmable thermostat does not contain any harmful substances like mercury in the analog thermometer. Hence, there is no tension of any leakage. Since the energy consumption is low, the wastage of fossil fuel is also prevented. This helps in controlling emission of greenhouse gasses.
- Home automation system – Nowadays, the thermostats not only play a significant role in managing the home temperature but also administer the humidity in the air and improve the quality of air. The Honeywell thermostat not only is well-equipped with all these aspects but also manages the ventilation of the house and connects with security, lighting, and music system. In this way, you can control all the HVAC systems through the Wi-Fi programmable thermostat from anywhere.
- Different temperatures – The most interesting feature about the Honeywell thermostat is that you can adjust the temperature for your comfort. You can set the thermostat in such a way that the room is warm and cozy during winters and cool during summers.
- The dimensions of the Honeywell thermostat are 5.8 X 1.5 X 3.5 inches.
- The model is available in white color and has a rectangular shape.
- It can be powered using batteries.
- Its voltage is up to 24 volts.
- The product weighs 1.2 pounds.
- The Honeywell RTH6580WF PDF is a well-detailed user guide.
- The package contains Thermostat, wall plate, ID card, user guide, reference ID, wires, screws as well as anchors.
- Energy saving schedule that can be pre-set for a week.
- Suitable for multiple locations and all the locations can be controlled from a single app.
- The app is compatible with Android as well as iPhone.
- The display is very easy to read.
- The Smart Response Technology ensures correct temperatures at any time.
- The product has one year warranty.
- The installation and the initial set up is little difficult.
- It is not compatible with Blackberry phones.
In spite of the few Honeywell Thermostat RTH6580WF problems, the product is excellent and also comes at a reasonable price. It has received good customer reviews. People are very happy with its ease of usage and the hassle-free comfort that it provides. Also, the best part about this product is that it is safe for the environment as well as safe for children. Therefore, installing Honeywell Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat would be the best investment for the entire family.