A smart thermostat is a useful device which picks up the air temperature and redirects the heating system accordingly. Technology has made rapid advancements and has directly influenced the modern thermostat. Today, the modern thermostat is no longer a simple tool used for switching on and off the cooler or heater – now it has become a multifaceted device and has successfully managed to make the user’s life more comfortable and convenient.
The Sensi Wi-fi enabled 1F8Uu-42WF thermostat is one of the best programmable thermostats out there. It is especially suitable for people who have different schedules each day and no time to adjust their thermostat every time they go out of the house. It has multiple useful features which guarantee to make your life easier. Now, you may be wondering about its price – worry not, it is just a few dollars over 100 bucks, and you can easily afford it. Also, its affordable price makes it a top contender for the best thermostat presently in the market. The following Emerson Sensi Review will give you a good idea of why this particular model is suitable for you and how it is a catch among other brands.
- It is Wi-Fi enabled and gets along with heat pump, geothermal, oil, gas and illuminated heat systems. You won’t find another Wi-Fi enabled thermostat that works with such a diverse range of systems.
- It can run with Alexa (voice control) and the Wink app too.
- It can be monitored through any medium (Tablet, Laptop/PC, and Smartphone).
- It comes with a seven-day custom program which is useful for getting rid of excessive heating and cooling. This automatically conserves a handsome amount of energy cost in HVAC.
- It has a fixed humidity sensor, and once you get it connected, your Smartphone will play the role of a remote control which means that then you would have the power to be in control of your thermostat irrespective of your location.
- It is reasonably priced and perfect for those who cannot afford to exceed a certain price and go for the other expensive ones like the Ecobee 3.
- It has two versions – If you want the installation to be done by a professional, get the Pro Installation version or else go for the DIY version. Sensi thermostat installation hardly takes a few minutes.
- It is an expert in setting various kinds of schedules – cool while traveling and cool when working from home auto tunes the temperature and is a huge convenience for users.
- The buttons are smooth and glossy and have an extraordinary sense of perception.
- Once you start using this thermostat for both heating and cooling, you no longer need the C wire.
- The access to Wi-Fi ensures that you do not have to get out of bed to monitor the temperature of your AC in the middle of the night.
- Model Number: 1F86U
- Color: White
- Style: Pro Version
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 6.5 pounds
- Dimension: 5.9 x 1.1. x 3.8 inches
Inside the Box
- A guide to help you get started with the thermostat immediately.
- Mounting Screws
- Security Code Card
- Wire Labels
- Thermostat Base
- A couple of AA Batteries
- The installation is a cakewalk. Bu the lesser priced Pro Version as it comes with a better warranty period and the installation procedure is just about the same. Once you download the app, you will have no trouble figuring it out.
- The price is almost unbelievable (in a good way, of course). You are getting a super stylish looking thermostat with multiple benefits at a very affordable price.
- The Wi-Fi access is a lifesaver especially if you are lazy. Think about how you can do so much with it just by using your phone or tablet.
- The scheduling is open to change. You can alter it according to your convenience and need. Say, for example, if you are working from home – then you can easily customize it and set it to the WFH schedule and get either more warmth or cold according to the weather and your expectation.
- In most cases, you will never have to use a C wire. This is a huge benefit because now you no longer have to go to the trouble of getting a C wire and making it goes past your furnace. Also, now you do not need to worry about the method for linking the tool to an Ac transformer.
- Alexa has limited capabilities meaning it can alter the temperature to a little amount both up and down, instead of fully switching it on or off.
- The Sensi Wi-Fi smart at times might get disconnected at frequent intervals, even though it reconnects in a few seconds.
- Unlike the Android App, the web interface gives you limited control. This means that you cannot add more than one program at your will.
Pros and Cons aside, there is a particular thermostat in the market which has the potential to be a favorite among thermostat users. The Ecobee3 thermostat has Ecobee3 remote sensors, due to which there is a stiff competition between both the brands. The remote helps the thermostat to get a rough idea about the temperature in each of the rooms and subsequently increase or decrease the temperature as/when needed. This particular facility makes this model a tough competitor for this model. Before you start having second thoughts about Sense’s cool device take a quick look for the reasons which makes this thermostat particularly appealing.
Why Should You Buy This?
If you want a thermostat which is underpriced and is reliable, long-lasting, and easily customisable and needs minimum instructions, then go for Emerson Sensi thermostat. When you look at its competitors like Nest and Honeywell, you will realize that you are indeed making a wise choice for three reasons – one is the lack of need for C wiring, the second is its ability to work with multiple and different systems, and the third obvious reasons is its price. As far as installation and running the thermostat are concerned, even if you are a non-technical person, you will have no trouble in both the departments. Also, irrespective of your work location, you can control your thermostat with your Smartphone.
All in all, this is the perfect thermostat for most people since not only it is devoid of complicated algorithms, it has enough security attached to it which makes it much easier for you to lock out others from controlling it when you are not around. It is attractive features like a backlight button is a bonus and suited for people with less vision. Visually it looks simple yet sophisticated, and the white color makes it a safe bet for a lot of people. You can always enhance your comfort level by controlling more than one Sensi with just one app. Before you go online and select any thermostat, reread the above Sensi Thermostat Review so that you do not miss out on anything important while making the purchase.